What does SmartEdit do?
SmartEdit runs over 25 checks on your document and highlights potential problems, including:
- Repeated words and phrases
- Over-use of adverbs and clichés
- Misused words such as breathe instead of breath
- Long and winding sentences
- Use of crutch words
- Unusual dialogue tags that shouldn’t be there
- Misnamed proper nouns that slipped past you
- Excessive use of semi-colons and exclamation marks
What does SmartEdit NOT do?
- It does not tell you to remove or replace a word
- It does not make any automated changes for you
- It does not make suggestions
- It does not tell you whether your work might be good, bad, or somewhere in between
You’re the creative writer; it’s your novel. SmartEdit is a tool that’s there to help you as you edit. A glorified spell-checker. Nothing more.
Are you a published author? Are you planning to become a published author? Have you finished or are you close to finishing a
first draft of a novel or short story? If you answered yes to any of these questions, SmartEdit is for you.